A grant of between £800 and £10,000 (80% of costs) is available to help improve properties within retail areas. Qualifying premises include shops; cafes, restaurants and public houses; financial and professional service providers; and tourism and leisure facilities.
At the moment..
The 2016/17 Scheme is now open to applications.
Please note: Funding is discretionary and projects are assessed on their potential economic impact on the area.
Priority is given to projects that:
- relate to vacant properties
- improve prominent or historic buildings
- are within an established retail area
- will have a significant impact on the town or village in which the property is situated.
- will result in improvement to the property.
Businesses must have:
- Turnover below £1 million in the year 2015-16
- No more than three outlets
- No council debt
- Received no support for similar work within the past three years
Any offer of support must be made prior to start of works.
Please note that, as funding resources are limited. We may have to prioritise on the basis of need and beneficial impact.
Find more information and application forms here.